We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data through signal processing as well as data fusion methods, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Qualifications: PhD in related field plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience
- Must have experience in time-series data analysis.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra,
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, multi-variate calculus and linear algebra
- Good scripting and programming skills will be a plus
- Data-oriented personality
TLDR: We need someone to help lead our database corner, you should be able to advise us on the database types, pros and cons, as well as help set up the appropriate DB structures. Strong working experience with MongoDB is a must.
The usual text:Our Cloud application development team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work with us on building a robust framework for data management (archival, provisioning, streaming, translations) to various applications and distributed access for our Big Data analytics platform. Must have experience handling noSQL databases especially MongoDB. If you live and breathe SQL/noSQL, apply today! We have a strong team that needs to work with data, but we're missing key personnel to help us manage the terabytes of data. We are a team that loves to experiment and explore, with very rapid decision making and a solid foundation of engineers. Free coffee included.
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous sources including field sensors, web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII, audio/visual etc.)
- Perform all necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse optimized for Data Mining.
- Design, build and support data formats, conversion, validation, XML, Json
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of BigData > multi TB
- Assess the impact of scaling up and ensure sustained data management and delivery latency performance
- Build interfaces for accomodating new sources/types of data
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving applications / new applications' data needs
Qualifications: Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience, relevant certification will be a strong plus
- Experience with Hbase or comparable NoSQL.
- Experience with Hadoop stack (HIVE, Pig, Hadoop streaming) and MapReduce
- Solid experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Database experience with MySQL, MSSQL or equivalent
- Experience in cross-platform message queues, and ESB (Mule, Fuse)
- Software development: C/C++ or Java, Python , Linux/Unix
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives
- Organized, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment;
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycle
Even the most powerful of platforms will never reach its full potential without a proper interface. We care strongly for the users of our tools and you will be crucial in bringing to life the data and analytics in a powerful and coherent manner. Expect to use lots of ReactJS, map/geo systems and chart tools.
Strong teamwork is important and passion in solving problems as well as willingness to mentor other engineers will greatly help in fitting in. Be expected to self-start and take ownership of your projects.
- Strong experience with ReactJS and Redux/Flux frameworks
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience shipping at least one UI platform
- 3-5+ year’s UI engineering industry experience.
- Experience and interest in data analytics and complex workflow UI development.
- Experience building and using UI frameworks and UI content workflows
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices.
Qualifications: BSc. degree or equivalent experience/education.
- Experience with UI development for multi-user collaborative platform is desired
- Experience with building UI’s for apps on Android and iOS plartforms is good to have
- Google Maps / ESRI maps experience with be a strong plus
- Dygraphs / HighCharts experience will be a strong plus.
Water Network Support Officer
We are seeking network support officers/control room operators to monitor water distribution systems for utilities boards in countries worldwide. Working in shifts, control room operators are responsible for monitoring water supply anomalies raised by water distribution systems on a timely basis, and alert the relevant agencies for potential pipe bursts and leakages. Essentially, control room operators are responsible for minimising the loss of a precious resource worldwide – water.
Training will be provided to learn the response procedures required for anomalies of various complexities. During shifts, operators must be able to effectively communicate with fellow personnel in order to determine appropriate courses of action.
Join us now for a fulfilling career that helps countries worldwide solve water issues.
Qualifications: Candidates may possess a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, or equivalent. An Associate Degree in a technical field is desirable. NITEC or similar certifications can be considered.
- Current students are encouraged to apply
- No prior work experience is required as training will be provided
- Willing to work in shifts (3-4 days per week), with overtime pay if applicable
- Able to efficiently operate a computer and basic applications (web browser, MS Office)
- Possess good judgement and interpretation skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Only Singaporeans will be considered